Thursday, September 8

busy...Busy...BUSY...

That was a really long break. My appologies to the three of you that read this blog. I'll try not to let it happen again.

I have some bad news. Remember that whole "30 Day Shred" Challenge business? Well....I fell off the wagon, indefinitely. In all honesty, I got a little bored with it. Plus, it wasn't helping (at all) in my weight loss journey...it was actually causing me to gain a little. I know it was muscle because for the week that I didn't do it at all, I lost somewhere around 6 lbs. So, I'm going to try to do it a few times a week instead of every day. I mean, it really does wonders for toning.  No one said that I'd complete all of my challenges, right? Right.

Anyway...life seems to have taken over...well...my life. Seems a bit strange to say, but I feel like life has gotten kind of intense over the past month. Not all bad, but definitely not all good. Here's a rundown of current/upcoming events:

School/Work:
I work at a University, so it's kind of exciting when school starts back. Campus is pretty dead in the summer--with the exception of a few summer class students--so it's nice when everyone comes back and the campus is buzzing again. But along with the students comes more work for me! Contracts, and chapels, and events...it's busy. I still love my job and I'm SO blessed to work with such great people!

Sickness:
I've felt a little like death for like a month now. It comes and goes, but I haven't felt 100% in a while. I'm hoping its just the weather--which has been BEAUTIFUL this week, FYI--but we'll see. I'm not going to let it get me down, even though all I want to do is sleep. :)

Sleep:
I just want to sleep always! Until last night, I haven't slept an entire night in about 3 weeks. Last night was great though. I slept like a rock (however rocks sleep). AND I took a fabulous nap yesterday as well. I think sleep will be returning to me soon!

Dreams:
I've been remembering my dreams a lot more recently. I'm not sure if they're real dreams though, or simply 'almost-asleep' thoughts. Either way, they've been relatively good dreams. And some of them have had really cool 70's-esque lighting...weird, right?

Friends:
Had a little girl's night outing with a few lovely ladies (one who was visiting from Houston--Shout out to "Mir") which was a blast...even though we ended up at a shady karaoke bar.  Some random dude told me (had a friend tell me) he thought I was pretty...yay? haha.
I've reconnected with some old friends. :) Facebook is a magical thing. :)
A great friend from high school/college had a labor day cookout (complete with smoked meats and such) and I got to see TONS of people I haven't seen in a while. It was really fun and much needed!

Phone:
Plugged in my phone a few weeks ago to update my software....and well, it decided to purge EVERYTHING. Pictures...gone. Messages...gone. Contacts...gone. Apps...gone. Everything...gone. I cried for about 20 minutes, then realized that I was being silly. It's just a phone. I'm not dead. It'll be okay. I'm slowly rebuilding my phone life. Little by little.

Family:
My Cousin is in town for a few weeks (she has one week left here). Then she's off to Marine boot camnp! I'm so proud of her! I think she'll do great.
My dad's pending nuptuals....
I've seen my nephew a lot recently....He has to be the quirkiest kid in the world. I love him to pieces!! AND I'm ready for another niece or nephew...Here's lookin' at you, bro!

Future:
My dear friend Elisabeth's birthday is this weekend (expect a special (heavy photo) blog post about that. I'm not sure what I'd do without her; she's amazing! I'm excited to celebrate her...youth!
It's September, which means that October comes next, which means that HALLOWEEN IS SOON!!!! It's my favorite holiday and I'm SO excited! Also, I will be doing some sort of Music challenge starting in October. I know I originally had a Couch-5k routine planned, but I might push that to the spring. We'll see how it goes....

Well, that's about it. Nothing too major happening, but I think some good things are on the horizon. I'm ready for cooler weather and cardigans! and boots! and scarves! I have a feeling we're going to have a few more weeks of warm weather though before I get to enjoy fall...but I will celebrate when it finally arrives! Until next time...

  Peace.
-M 

No comments:

Post a Comment