Monday, August 15

Weekend Round-up...I Need Coffee & A Massage...

I can't believe it's Monday already! Why do weekends seem to go so quickly?! One of life's unanswerable questions, I suppose.

I had a really fun weekend though! I will chronicle it in the photos below....enjoy!

FRIDAY
I had the honor of celebrating the birth of my dear friend Ashley! Along with her fantastic roomie, Elisabeth! It was a fun night! We had dinner at a restaraunt that none of us had been to before, and it was actually quite delicious.
The big-talking Host, Rico, was kind enough to take our picture! We all look a little strange in the eyes...but its okay.

After dinner we headed downtown where more fun was had.

 
The evening ended in us walking to our car in the rain. It was still a great night! I love these ladies!

SATURDAY

I, along with my church's youth group, took a little journey to Frontier City. I'm not gonna lie, I was really excited about spending a whole day outside in the sunshine...even in this crazy Oklahoma heat! I mean, look at that! I was all smiles, for serious.


I was less smiley once I actually go there and started sweating, but it's okay...I survived....Until my best friend tried to make me ride that horrifying ride pictured below...


Why would someone voluntarily get into a giant slingshot!? ah! No thank you! But I was going to take one for the team and ride it anyway...but...Luckily I got out of that it, thanks to the lovely Rachel... 


It's a fun story...maybe i'll tell you about it sometime...haha.
Apparently others look strangely on people who stand in line for rides at amusement parks while wearing a neck brace and ranting on about how she was injured riding the very ride they were all standing in line for...This girl is hilarious!. :)
After all of the standing in line (and really only riding a handful of rides) it was time to partake in what we all came to the park for...SWITCHFOOT!

I saw them a few years ago with The Goo Goo Dolls and they were great! They were even better this time!! Plus, I got to share the musical goodness with my favorite person in the entire world...Wes!


Just in case you are unaware, he's the best.
It was a long, hot, sweaty, crowded, but fun day...And by the end of it...


My feet and legs hurt so bad....to the point where I actually thought that aputation would be less painful...(yeah, i'm dramatic when i'm tired and sore). haha.


 
It made me realize that I'm not a youth anymore...I'm an adult and I get tired at 8:30. My feet hurt when I'm stomping about an amusement park with hundreds of children and youth. That's my life now....I'm cool with it.  It's a good thing busy weekends like this are rare for me. I'm not sure I couldn't handle it!

  Peace.
-M

1 comment:

  1. Still bummed about not riding Eruption! But glad we got to hang out, friend!

    ReplyDelete