Monday, June 27

One week In...

Well, I'm one week into my Country Music Challenge and I have a confession. I didn't really listen all that much last week...

In my defense, I was working a summer camp and didn't have access to any sort of music device.  So, I can honestly say that, other than the praise and worship music from camp, I didn't listen to any other music either. That's okay right? Should I add a few days to the challenge or just leave it as it is? hmm....

In the short time that I have been doing the challenge (and the total of 3 days that i've actually listened to a substantial amount of country music) I am already finding myself with songs stuck in my head...and to tell you the truth, I don't really mind all that much. Am I becoming a country music fan? Or is it merely a result of what i'm hearing having no choice but to get stuck in my brain? I guess I'll find out as time goes on.

I have learned a few things about country music though...I'll share them as the challenge goes on. Here are a few:

  • You can't go wrong with a song featuring Jimmy Buffet. Truth.

  • I tend to enjoy the southern rock vibe more than the twangy more traditional vibe.

  • Beting pretty gets you further than actual talent in some cases, much like all other music genres.


  • Also, I'm mildly obsessed with the song "Colder Weather" by Zac Brown Band. For serious. What's wrong with me?! It really is a great song though...

    FYI: My future posts won't be all about this challenge...It'll just be a segment or occasional post. I'm also going to start spotlighting country music artists soon...starting with the great Loretta Lynn. She has always been fascinating to me.  Until then...

       Peace.
    -M

    1 comment:

    1. I love this assignment. :) I'm probably the worst Texan EVER since I'm not that big on country music either. Looking forward to more about it & seeing what you enjoy so I can check it out too.

      ReplyDelete