Tuesday, June 28

What passes for life...


life

[lahyf] noun, plural lives
–noun
  • the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally
  • the animate existence or period of animate existence of an individual 
  • the general or universal condition of human existence
  • any specified period of animate existence
  • a particular aspect of existence
  • animation; liveliness; spirit
  • a person or thing that enlivens
Have you ever thought about the word 'life' and what it actually means? I didn't realize there were so many definitions of the word (that's not even all of them!). These were the most interesting to me...especially the last one. A person or thing that ENLIVENS. The other definitions are perfectly fine, but seriously!? Who wouldnt' want to enliven people?! I need to be that kind of person. Honestly, we all need to be that kind of person.

The past few years haven't been all that great as far as life goes, but in retrospect I have nothing to complain about. I'm healthy, I'm loved, I have everything I need to carry on living in this life. It's time that I actually start living it. I mean, it's one thing to exist...it's something totally different to actively exist and to exist in a way that brings life to other people. People can be alive but not be living. It's a cheesy sentiment, but its so true. I think that a person should be more than just alive...they should 'do life'. Be active in the things that you do; in the lives of others; in your community; in your world. You only get one shot at this and it would be such a waste not to experience all that you life has to offer and, in turn, all that you can offer life.

For me, i'm sometimes afraid of what life has in store. I think most people are afraid of the unknowns in life. I have no clue where my life is going to end up, but I'm ready to be excited about the prospects. Realistically, I don't currently have any prospects in most areas of my life, but I know they'll be there eventually. I have to be patient and live the life that I want to have instead of simply making it through each day without any hope for tomorrow. I want to be the kind of person that enlivens others. That has to be an amazing feeling. Life should be about more than making your own life the best that it can be...you should at least try to improve the lives of others, right?

Something to think about (for both you and me).

   Peace.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment