Tuesday, August 2

Revisions...and a few aches....

Well, I successfully completed Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred (I'll refer to it as 30DS from now on) Jillian kicked my booty! WHEW! I felt all 27 minutes it! Felt it in a good way though...It was definitely tough, but it wasn't excrutiating and it's definitely something i'll continue to do...
That being said, my muscles are a little sore today. Not bad, but I can tell they were worked out. ha! I find they hurt a little more the longer I sit...They're fine after I walk around for a bit....But, I've decided to revise my 30 DS plan just a little to give my muscles some time to rest and to add variety. Instead of doing the 30DS for 30 days straight, I'm going to break it up a little. I'm going to do 5 days of 30DS [Monday-Friday] and let my weekends [Saturday & Sunday] be "free" days.

Let me define "free": I have the option to do absolutely no working out on one of the two days...ONLY ONE! On the other (or both if i'm feeling particularly adventurous) I can either do a 30DS routine, or a jog/walk, or a bike ride..etc. Variety is good, right?

I think this will work out really well. I've been reading a lot of testamonials about 30DS and a lot of people had better weight loss results when they combined it with another form of cardio. That's my goal. To tone, add muscle, and lose weight. Plus, the 30DS system has 3 different levels of difficulty, so I can change it up weekly or daily (as I see fit).  This, combined with better eating habits (not fully healthy, but better) I should see great results!  We'll see if i'm this optimistic in a few weeks. ha.
I'm really excited about this particular challenge and I hope that I can make it all the way through. It'll end up being more than a month, but it's okay. My September Challenge is a music challenge which can easily be done simultaneously with this challenge. I'll get in to that a little bit more in a later post. I have 3 of the 4 bands picked out already, and I might consult my readers for the 4th [see my previous post for more details].

   Until next time...
   Peace.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment