Friday, July 29

A Future of Challenge...


Hello All!

I've been absent from the blog world for a little while, but I decided today was as good a day as any to find something to write about...

I have decided that I really enjoyed having a challenge in my life. (a fun challenge, not a tough life challenge) That being said, I think i'm going to try to do a challenge every month (at least until december). I already have them planned out...sort of. It's going to be exciting!

August is going to be a tough one, but I figure it never hurts to start out with something that won't be easy...I mean, country music WASN'T easy and that turned out pretty great!  During the month of August (1-30th) I am going to do Jillian Michael's '30 Day Shred'. I'm hoping it kicks my butt, in a good way! It seems like the perfect time to start a more intense workout routine. I've been jogging/walking/biking pretty much everyday for about a month now, and I seem kind of stuck in an almost boring routine. This should be just the boost I need! Plus, it will help tremendously (I hope) with the "weigh down" we started at work a few weeks ago (I'm 7 lbs down so far!).

Not all of my future challenges will be exercise challenges. I have decided to alternate them between music and workout and whatever else comes to mind...and if anyone has any ideas on other challenges that could be fun...Let me know! I'm always open to suggestions.

Here is a tentative schedule of challenges:
August--30 Day Shred
September-- Four, week-long music challenges [Four bands/artists I don't love. One week each.]
October/November--Couch to 5k
December--???

I could probably do another challenge during October and November, but I'm not sure what I want to do. Maybe learn a new skill or something? Ideas are welcome! Until next time...

  Peace.
-M

1 comment:

  1. Meaghan,

    Perfect timing with your post..I have been in a "hypnotic lazy state of mind" the past 10 days..You have awaken me to set a challenge goal of my own. After my 2nd 5K race on August 13th..I'm going to "up the ante" and begin training for a 10 race..Thanks Meaghan

    ReplyDelete