Tuesday, July 12

Mecca, Etsy love, and a Challenge Update...

I've been in an inspiration haze for the past week or so (hence the ancient previous post). However, the weekend did spark a little excitement in my life. I FINALLY picked up my Etsy purchases fromt he post office (I can't explain to you how excited I was to get this little gem. I'm wearing it today, and I'm in love...If i were a millionaire, I'm almost certain I'd have every cute piece of crafty jewlery goodness that Etsy has to offer. Check it out if you haven't already. Really...Go.

Now that the Etsy advertisement is over I shall move one...This weekend I also successfully escaped from the Oklahoma heat for a short while...and found myself in the Texas heat instead. Genius, I know. A friend and I made the journey down to Dallas to visit IKEA and our Mecca (Half Price Books). Our tour guide (the awesome Angela) took us to several cool little places. It was as if we shared a brain...A record store, a vintage/thrifty shop, frozen custard...seriously!?! Plus she has lots of fun movie memorabilia in her apartment. I felt quite at home. It was a much-needed trip....and our visit to Mecca inspired me to do a new music challenge series!...(with a much shorter time frame...a month is a LONG time)..I'll get into that on a later date...so please keep reading!
 
Speaking of music challenges, It's time for an update! I can't believe i've been listening to country music basically non-stop for three weeks (well, three weeks as of tomorrow)! It honestly hasn't been as bad as I thought (and maybe even hoped) it would be. I say 'hoped' not because I wanted to do something that I thought would torture me, but because I don't really like to admit that i'm wrong, especially about music. I think I wanted the music to be terrible. Shame on me. This challenge has been a humbling experience for me and I feel I owe an apology to all country music fans that I have directed looks of disgust towards based solely on their musical taste. I am truly sorry. :)
 
I also realized that sometimes I don't like a song until I can sing along to it. It's hard to really enjoy a song that you don't know all of the words to (or maybe that's just me). I've found quite a few songs that I really love...there will be a list sometime next week when I wrap up this challenge! (several lists actually) In the meantime, here are a few things about country music that haven't changed for me (and I don't think they will in the next week):
  • I think I could like Taylor Swift if her lyrics were better and she could carry a tune. I just don't understand her popularity...(**sidenote** "Mean" just played on Pandora as I was typing that**end sidenote**)
  • I adore Lady Antebellum. ADORE. Just...sigh. So perfect.
  • I still CANNOT STAND Jennifer Nettles voice. I tried. It's awful. Sorry kids. AWFUL.
Well, that's what I have for today. I apologize if it bored you to tears. Fun things are to come though! Keep reading.

   Peace.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment