Tuesday, July 19

Something Else...Old But Still Relevant...


Photo: Unrelated, but kind of cool.

Here's something else I wrote a very long time ago...It's still who I am though. :)

Enjoy.


 I used to be so insightful, huh? Brand new post in a few days...about none other than the completion of my Country Music Challenge, and perhaps a few other tidbits....Stay tuned.
  Peace.
-M

I'd like to be the type of person that someone writes a song about.  Not one of those songs that portrays a problem or a struggle, but a song that inspires.  A song about that one person who makes you want to be a better person.  A song about a person you can't imagine living without.  I want to be that type of person.

I'd like to be the type of person that people look at and immediately know I'm not like everyone else.  I want to be seen as an individual and not another cookie-cutter image of what society's rules and guidelines say a person should be.  I want to be the uniqueness that people see when staring into an endless see of faces.  I want to be that type of person.

I'd like to be the type of person who is passionate about everything they do.  From the epic to the mundane.  No matter how difficult the task, I want to be the person with the mindset of success. I want to know that my passion won't be wasted because of a fear of failure.  I want to be that kind of person.

I'd like to be the type of person who doesn't let and an opportunity pass them by.  A person who is fearless when it comes to taking advantage of a situation that could result in personal growth.  A person who isn't afraid of growing into a newer, more well-rounded, version of themselves.  I want to be that kind of person.

I'd like to be the type of person who is approachable by anyone, in any situation.  The person that people aren't afraid to get advice from.  A person who is needed by at least one other person in this world.  A person whose opinion matters and is respected without question.  I want to be that kind of person.

I'd like to be the type of person who never gives up.  The person who doesn't quit just because the situation gets tough.  I want to be the person who stands strong in the middle of their hardships with the confidence that everything will work out.  I want to be that kind of person.

I'd like to be the type of person who is patient. Not only with their own life, but also with the lives of the people around them.  I want people to know that I'm not going to give up on them no matter how tough the situation gets.  A person who is calm in the middle of life's chaos.  I want to be that kind of person.

I'd like to be the type of person who is not only patient, but tolerant. A person who is aware of the difficulties in the lives of those around them.  A person who strives to make things better and not worse.  The person who has an unconditional love for anyone who is willing to accept it.  I want to be that type of person.

At this moment I know that the person I'd like to be is the same person that God has planned me to be.  I am the person who knows that I can't do this on my own.  The person who knows that God is the one who controls my future.  I am the person who doesn't have to worry about the person I'm not.  God will give me inspiration and the desire to be better.  God will make me unique.  God will give me passion for myself, the people I love, and the things that I do.  God will remove my doubt and fear and He'll give me strength and success.  He'll give me confidence, patience, and tolerance.

Though I'm far from this person I'd like to be, I'll never lose sight of the hope that God gave me and His promise that I'll become that person.  That's the person I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment